Home is where we are parked

Home is where we are parked
Home is where we are parked

Friday, May 18, 2012

NM -– Albuquerque, 10-14 May 2012

 

Map picture

 

Just four short days in Albuquerque to visit family and friends…

We stayed at the KOA in Bernalillo, about 10 miles north of Albuquerque.  We wanted to avoid driving our home through the crazy city streets and it worked out well.  This was our first KOA and we were impressed.  It was well kept, had all amenities, and we were comfortable.  They even served fresh pancakes every morning!

I graduated high school in Albuquerque over 20 years ago.  Though I visited a few times over the years, I was unable to find my friends…they all disappeared!  Recently, thanks to a certain well known social media web page, we finally tracked each other down.  After some coordination, mostly by Brent, we set up a reunion BBQ at his house.  It was really cool to meet each other’s wives, talk about the last 20 years, and tell stories about our high school days!  At one point, we even cranked up old 80s tunes and the gang tried to conjure up the old dance routines!  We laughed so hard, I was a little horse when we left late that night!  It’s true “you can never go back”, but you can have a blast reliving those glory days!

THEN

ABQ2-late 80s    ABQ1-late 80s

         From left:  Brent, Brian, me, Marque, Greg, Kevin                                 Wes, Marque, Brian

NOW

   

Top row:  Brent, me, Greg     Bottom row:  Marque, Wes, Kevin

40 or 18?!? Greg, Marque, Brent

 

Greg, Kevin, Marque, and Brent

 

Greg, Kevin, Marque, Brent

 

Greg, Kevin, Marque, Brent

NOTE:  I couldn’t dance then and sure as heck can’t dance now!

I also got to visit some of my family.  We had a great New Mexican dinner at Sadies…yum yum.  Thankfully the family is doing well, though it sounds like they could use a break and spend some time relaxing with us in the wilderness.

   

                                            Top Row:  Khyira, Shasta, Darren   Bottom Row: Uncle Mike, Grandma, Uncle Skip

   

On Mother’s Day we went to the big Flea Market with my Uncle Skip.  I couldn’t pass up a smoked turkey leg!  Then we spent the rest of the afternoon with my grandma and Uncle Mike.  It was nice spending time with them.

 

Next we meet my other set of parents at Storrie Lake State Park near Las Vegas NM.  Hopefully all of you moms had a great Mother’s Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment