Home is where we are parked

Home is where we are parked
Home is where we are parked

Saturday, June 16, 2012

CO -– Pueblo, 31 May–5 June 2012

 

Map picture

Our first blog from “Beautiful Colorado”!  We spent six busy days visiting friends and family between Pueblo and Castle Rock, Colorado.

The campground felt a bit like a homeless camp, but we had full hook-ups and it was cheap.  Horse stables and a small stadium were right outside our back door.  Horses making ruckus early some mornings woke us up.  Our four-legged friend made a few new buddies.

Two new friends…that’s our home in the upper right

First we spent a nice afternoon and evening with my dad and step-mom.  We showed up with our laundry!  We had a great Mexican meal at the Desert Flower in Pueblo.  Wanda and Arleen chatted for a few hours and I showed dad some things on his laptop.  Now he has all kinds of good weather web links.

Pueblo13-31 May 2012

Mind if we do laundry?

The next day, Arleen made a bunch of food for me in preparation for her departure.  She made sure I wouldn’t starve the week she went to Montana!  We made it to Colorado Springs by evening and went to my sister’s house.  It was cool hanging out with my nephew, Jordan.  Gary, my brother-in-law, made a great dinner.  My mom and step dad taught my sister and Gary how to play Pinochle.  Eventually Arleen and I tried to teach them a little strategy, but just confused them.  It didn’t matter.  They got good cards and won!

My sister’s house has an outstanding view of Pikes Peak.  We were treated to a beautiful sunset.

       

                      My nephew, Jordan, playing a game on my phone                              Clyde, one of their four cats

On the left: Step dad, Leon, sister, Nichole.  On the right: Sandi, my mom,and Gary my brother-in-law

   

The view from my sister’s house…sunset over Pike’s Peak and the Rampart Range

We got up early the next morning to visit our friend, Nancy.  We met nearly 15 years ago while stationed in Anchorage, Alaska.  Nancy has had a really tough time the last few years and somehow manages to keep a good attitude.  We enjoyed the little café in Monument, talked about the good old days, and got caught up on each other’s lives.

   

                Nancy and her mountain truck

After our visit with Nancy, we drove out to Elizabeth, Colorado to spend time with Arleen’s sister, Mary, her husband Kendel, and her kids Erin and Heather.  We sat out front and watched the puppy play with Praia.  We also watched the sky turn black and decided to get some tasty bbq in Elizabeth.  With very full and satisfied and bellies, we headed back to Mary’s house to play Uno.  We played by some wacked out rules and I got my butt kicked!

We spent the night at my mom and step-dad’s house in Castle Rock.  The next morning, Leon made some great pancakes.  With full bellies again, Arleen hit the road for Montana and I headed back to our home in Pueblo.

  

               Arleen, Heather, Mary, and Erin

I write this from Eleven Mile State Park, in the mountains west of Colorado Springs.  Brian, my fishing buddy from Alaska, will join me for a few days, and then my girl will return from Montana.  It’s going to be a fun ten days!

No comments:

Post a Comment